View Single Post
Old
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Ferraro is having a poor season in junior, and McCollum is having a poor season as a 19/20 year old pro in the AHL. And yet somehow Ferraro is the consensus better prospect? Nestrasil is showing better development than Ferraro, so if anyone from this past draft should be placed over McCollum it's him.

McCollum.....again....
I voted for Ferraro.

There's definitely some truth to your comment. However, Ferraro has the excuse of injuries to at least partially explain his season. Ferraro's season also isn't nearly as disappointing as McCollum's has been. I mean, everyone expected better numbers out of Ferraro, but he is putting up some points at least. McCollum, OTOH, has bombed in the AHL and ECHL. He's just not ready for the pro game yet.

That said, we're getting to a point now where McCollum belongs in the discussion. I think McCollum's poor pro debut means RWC has him ranked way too high. But McCollum is still a big, technically sound goaltender who is young and has potential. I haven't yet decided when I'll start voting for McCollum, but it will be soon. It's tough to peg where he should go because his play has been so terrible, but he's got to be somewhere in or around the top 10.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote