View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 10:14 AM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
I was there last year in December for the game. Had a great time! Stayed in Marriott Champlain( sp?). Before that I was there when the Habs played the Panthers and stayed in the same hotel and met Pavel Bure and company(have a great picture with Pavel). Montreal is very conviniently located from Massachusetts.. Only 5,5 hours from my house.

I am still thinking about next year ...where to go. I'd love to go to Montreal but I've never been to Ottawa or Toronto(not that I want to pay their scalper's prices).

Btw I've never eaten Vachon cakes? Are they any good?
Toronto games are a pain because there are so few tickets ever available, and they are quite expensive compared to the other Canadian cities.

Ottawa is fun, as the team is so entertaining to watch and tickets are a lot easier to come by during the regular season. The only knock is that the rink is a fair drive from downtown (expensive cab, about 1 hr on the bus) and the traffic when the game gets out is nasty.

Montreal fans are quite lucky in that you can step out the Phone Booth and be minutes away from the action!!