View Single Post
Old
02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Mursak had a ****** year last year, we could argue many of our prospects were superior last year then he was in development purposes. Does that same arguement apply a year later?

You cant base it all SIMPLY on one year..
Right, but McCollum had a better year than Ferraro LAST year, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
I voted for Ferraro.

There's definitely some truth to your comment. However, Ferraro has the excuse of injuries to at least partially explain his season. Ferraro's season also isn't nearly as disappointing as McCollum's has been. I mean, everyone expected better numbers out of Ferraro, but he is putting up some points at least. McCollum, OTOH, has bombed in the AHL and ECHL. He's just not ready for the pro game yet.

That said, we're getting to a point now where McCollum belongs in the discussion. I think McCollum's poor pro debut means RWC has him ranked way too high. But McCollum is still a big, technically sound goaltender who is young and has potential. I haven't yet decided when I'll start voting for McCollum, but it will be soon. It's tough to peg where he should go because his play has been so terrible, but he's got to be somewhere in or around the top 10.
But if McCollum were still in the OHL he would almost certainly be putting up numbers that look much better than Ferraro's. And if Ferraro were in the AHL this year he'd look at least as bad as McCollum has.

Ferraro hasn't been a point-per-game player in the OHL yet. That's bad for a 19 year old. McGrath put up 87 points in 68 games the year after he was drafted, and he hasn't scored worth a lick in the AHL.

I guess I could see people getting down on McCollum and moving guys ahead of him, but I don't see why Ferraro is so highly rated by so many here. He has twice as many question marks as McCollum does at this point and doesn't even have the kind of OHL success to fall back on that McCollum does.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote