Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Right, but McCollum had a better year than Ferraro LAST year, so....

But if McCollum were still in the OHL he would almost certainly be putting up numbers that look much better than Ferraro's. And if Ferraro were in the AHL this year he'd look at least as bad as McCollum has.

Ferraro hasn't been a point-per-game player in the OHL yet. That's bad for a 19 year old. McGrath put up 87 points in 68 games the year after he was drafted, and he hasn't scored worth a lick in the AHL.

I guess I could see people getting down on McCollum and moving guys ahead of him, but I don't see why Ferraro is so highly rated by so many here. He has twice as many question marks as McCollum does at this point and doesn't even have the kind of OHL success to fall back on that McCollum does.
ferraro is still just 18 and he's playing in the WHL which is known to be a tougher league to score in than the OHL..

I'd also say that McGrath played on a much better team.. He played with guys like mike Richards, David Clarkson, Jakub Kindl, Boris Valabik, Matt Lashoff and Justin Azevedo.. Ferraro has Coetzee and Nugent-Hopkins, who I know is an amazing prospect, but he's only 16..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote