vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin2112 View Post
1. Sweden
2. Canada
3. USA

Russia 4th
Finland 5th

A North American here rooting for the US (and Canada secondly) here but my honest opinion....

Sweden has so much balance and so much Stanley cup experience (esp. if Nik Kronwall is healthy)
and the best goalie in the NHL that noone talks about ('cause he play for my sucky Rangers!). The chemistry with the Sedin twins and Lidstrom on D.... How can you pick against 'em????

Canada has Crosby (I hate him since I'm a Ranger fan ... very jealous you see). That's all you really need to know... he's friggin awesome. But then there's also Brodeur.... and Pronger et al . As a Ranger fan however, I've seen "The King" outplay Marty plenty of times and combined with that Red Wing cup experience I think Canada comes up just a little short . Plus all the pressure Canada will have on it might tighten their sphincters.

US will frustrate Russia in the Bronze medal game with their attention to defense, Miller in goal and their opportunistic quick strike scoring - taking advantage of Russia's weakness on D.

Russia just seems like it doesn't have enough on D or in goal (Nabokov has proved nothing in the NHL thus far) to go the distance.

Finland has to be mentioned because they are a true live darkhorse in this tournament. Strong NHL talent throughout the lineup (Koivus, Jokkinen, Selanne up front etc - solid D) and a great roster of goaltenders. If they gel as a team they could easily win gold.

It's gonna fun watching all this play out : )
good first post. I agree with you a lot here. It's going to be fun to watch this play out.