View Single Post
Old
02-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Kidding aside, put two layers of tape on the blade or even three and you'll get that wood feeling on your passes. If you don't believe me, play composite without any tape and I can guarantee the horrible "ping".
They make blades now that are more shock absorbing and this isn't needed. They are the foam injected blades and are pretty much common place now.

My Harrows are like that, my prostock RBK blade and my One90 Bauer blade.... they don't ping. Don't try to explain it to someone though who insists composites are not made differently than just 5 years ago as Mr.Jiggyfly did earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Mr Jiggyfly>
Obviously you would like the feel of some brands better than others, but unless you were told which stick was a high end one, I doubt you would be able to tell.
This is completely inaccurate, don't bet on it as you will lose your money. You could at least pick up a few in the store that are high end and then pick up a few that are low end. The difference is huge and not very subtle in weight. This is also why the high end sticks are more fragile by the way.

The cheap composites by the way lack feel I might add. I mention that because of your statement about taking passes is more difficult with a composite. It really isn't with a good stick these days.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 02-11-2010 at 09:18 PM.