vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Frolov already has:

- scored 24 goals in an NHL season
- become LA's best defensive forward
- shown remarkable ability at controlling the puck for extended periods of time

I guess it depends on how you define 'impact' player but Frolov has already made a decent case. (and, imo, would be stating that case quite emphatically in the NHL right now)
That's a Bonk sized impact. Not exactly what comes to my mind when I think of 'the next impact player' in the league, but you may have a different interpretation. Frolov will be better thank Bonk and probably soon; Havlat already is.

Quote:
- been one of the top scorers in the RSL
Yeah, but he's got nothing on Rosa.

Quote:
Then we can both agree. But as a Sens fan (albeit Kings fan first) who has seen a lot of Frolov, I would be very much interested in the idea of a Frolov/Havlat swap. (obviously Ottawa's strength at RW makes this deal more palatable as well but I really think you are underrating Frolov's capabilities)
Frolov being a center is what makes this offer interesting. If I'm going to move Havlat though, I'd rather receive a player with more experience, not less. I disagree that I am underrating Frolov, I've only said that he isn't an impact player - yet. By my definition, he isn't.

Quote:
How about this proposal:

to OTT - D. Brown, L. Visnovsky, 5th rd pick
to LOS - M. Havlat
I say no for the same reasons as the Frolov deal. Ottawa's time is now and Brown's time is in two or three years at least. I think L.A is better off keeping Brown and Visnovsky anyways.