View Single Post
Old
02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
pavvento

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Okay, so this is where the rubber meets the road.

If, in selling, you lose those players that make your team it's best (in other words, by selling those players, you make your team worse) then I guess every seller is tanking.
Perhaps I am talking in terms of degree, or maybe what I'm really trying to express is how I will be unhappy to see some good young players go. I actually don't get a woody about Kovalchuk being a Ranger, mainly because big free agent signings scare me. Perhaps a Kovalchuk signing is the bees knees, not convinced. I would actually prefer to see Callahan, Dubinsky, Michael Del Zotto, Gilroy stay. To me, those are the guys that I consider NHL worthy and would like to watch as Rangers, while the team fills in. I am talking two to three years out.

Maybe it depends on what you want. I've followed the Rangers since 1966 and I'm happy to do two or three years in purgatory while I get the joy of not watching lumps like Redden and Rozsival make those mistakes, and instead watch guys like MDZ and Gilroy make those mistakes.
While I agree about the free agents, I fear that those guys you mention are more of the 'fill in' types that you complement high end talent with. Those players are not elite enough to carry a team. Del Zotto maybe in a few years, but the others are great complementary players IMO.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote