View Single Post
Old
01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey77
That's quite the offer. I think I would do it for both sides, although for Detroit I'd like a throw in added in.

Ottawa is very very close to a Stanley Cup. Adding 2 Stanley Cup veterans would add to that push. Losing Havlat sort of hurts but Ottawa is a fairly young team and since they draft so well that shouldn't be a problem at all. Besides, if the Sens win the cup with the trade, isn't that worth the sacrifice? Ask ranger fans about those deals in 1994. hurt for the future but got them the long awaited Cup.

For Detroit, I think their Cup runs are done. They will still be ok but not as dominating as before. Getting a 24 year old like Havlat would really help. And hey, Holland gives up a first rounder so goes with his M.O.
I'm not totally giving up on Detroit challenging. What I think this does is provides a nice mix-up by bringing in a new impact player to revitalize the team, while at the same time making a deal with a team the Wings only have to worry about meeting in the Stanley Cup finals.