View Single Post
Old
02-12-2010, 03:36 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
wow congrats to you guys. you may not remember, but I was the first NYR fan to come over here and tell you that you got a real heart and soul guy, when you signed him. I'm really happy for Bettsy, that's he's put it all out on the line for you guys the way he did for us.

Keep in mind also, Blair Betts played his best hockey in the PLayoffs. The guy was the best shutdown center in this division not named John Madden.

Our first first round sweep against ATL, Betts played again the Hossa/Kovalchuk line in all our home games, and I've never seen a player work so hard and play so smart shift after shift. Sure Lundy robbed that sweep for us, but Betts singlehandedly forced ATL to break up ther dynamic duo, after 3 games in and only a small handful of scoring chances for either of those two juggernauts.

If we manage to fight our way in (or the rest of the east drops dead, and allows us 7th or 8th, the last thing I want to see is Betts against Gaborik.

PLayoff time, Betts singlehandedly makes opposing superstars go completely cold. Hell he was our Deon Sanders. heh

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote