View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Meeting Montreal Canadiens...

Hey all,

I just thought I'd start a thread about the times I have interacted with the habs or those close to them and I wanted to hear all of your stories as well.

The first hab I met was Pat Burns. It was during a game in Buffalo and he was in the runway looking at the ice. I got his autograph and wished him luck, I then proceeded to tap each guy on the shoulder as they went on the ice...what a great time that was.

Another time I was in Buffalo during the pre-game warmup and I wanted to get a puck from Vinnie Damphousse. I was yelling his name but he ignored me for the most part. So Stephane Quintal skates over with a puck and threw it over the boards for me. Q rocks.

Once again I was in Buffalo and I was there early for the pre-game. Once again I was screaming at Vinnie but he once again ignored me. BUT one guy heard me, Turner Stevenson. All I wanted was a puck but he skates over and hands his stick over the boards! What a great guy Turner was. Couldn't skate or shoot for beans but a nice guy

I met Patrick Roy outside The Aud, once again in Buffalo. I saw him walking outside and I booted from my dad's car to meet him before entered. I was yelling his name until he turned around and then I froze. I asked him for his autograph but I didn't have a pen (I'm a dummy), so then I asked him if I could shake his hand. He obliged. What a great memory.

Lastly, (I mentioned this in the Mike Ribeiro thread) Mike Ribeiro threw my dad a puck before the game.

So let's hear your stories!

Cap