View Single Post
Old
01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
daynus

vCash: 500
well that is true, but the nhl is or is trying a defensive first approach. when ken was with kamloops he had guys like rob brown etc who could light the lamp. and i suppose he adapted his defensive approach by becoming an assistant, then head coach. its more of the environment than him bucking the system, this isnt 80's hockey not even close. theres like 1/3 the scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
I don't know. I just don't like the looks of the lines. Amonte having a spot on the top line is an insult to someone like Gagne. We were supposed to have the young guys take on more of a veteran role on the team, but I just don't see it happening. Why bother wasting Gagne's talents as a checking forward. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The way that Hitch uses Gagne is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen. And for that reason, I'll never be completely sold on Hitch being a head coach and working with our younger talent. What is he going to do to Carter, Richards, and Ruzicka? Probably make them all checkers as well. Why he doesn't allow anyone with offensive talent to use it is completely beyond me.

With that being said, I could see something like Clarke deciding we need more firepower and going after Palffy and Demitra if we buy out Amonte and LeClair. And I'd have no problem with that either. We made Zhamnov one hell of a good offer and he decided to walk. Let the bum walk. I don't want no part of Zhamnov. He cost us a good young defenseman and an excellent forward prospect for only a couple of months of service. And I feel the same about Malakhov as well. We made him a good offer, he turned it down. Let his spot be taken by either Timmander or Seidenburg.

To be perfectly honest though, I'd rather see the team be stripped down and completely rebuilt. We've got a nice core down the middle and we've got some really good defensemen to build around. We've also got really solid goaltending for the first time in a long time as well. I'd say jettison Roenick, Leclair, Amonte, Kapanen, and Brashear and use our kids like Ruzicka, Umberger, Carter and Richards instead.

However, I've got a funny feeling that they'll keep the roster that is currently in place and just go with it for one more go around.