The Ovechkin Derby: Is there a worse team out there than Carolina?
View Single Post
09-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
strictly on paper calgary and columbus don't look that bad.
columbus for one lost whitney, but got marchant and sydor. how well that lineup gels is of course the question, but my guess is they're out of the bottom five for sure, mybe out of the bottom 10.
all my signs point to nashville having a horrific season, changing over nearly the entire blueline, axing skrastins and delmore for example. probably score more goals with a healthy forward core, but even with great goaltending from vokoun look for them to let in 250, 260 goals.
something tells me carolina will rebound and challenge for a spot.
teams in trouble, worst five anyway, for me:
1) nashville - no defence. nothing.
2) pittsburgh - rico fata, kris beech in the top six.
3) atlanta - will score more goals but still years away.
4) los angeles - injury troubles big-time not going away.
5) boston - no defence and questionable goaltending.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Looger