View Single Post
Old
02-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Fair enough, but what makes this 2nd round pick so valuable? I know it's been brought up that Subban, Kristo, Latendresse etc...have been drafted by 2nd round picks. Who's to say that those type(s) of players will be available when the time comes to use that pick?

It looks like Gauthier is prepping the team for a shot at the playoffs. To help accomplish this, we needed to strengthen our bottom 6. Now Moore probably wouldn't have been my first choice. But the bottom line is, our bottom 6 is stronger after this trade, than it was before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No doubt 2nd round picks are valuable. I don't disagree that this was somewhat of an overpayment, however he fills a big need. Right now we have no real checking line, stick Moore with Moen and Lapierre/SK and you have a quality NHL checking line. He acn kill penalities and get a lot of taht off Plekanec's plate, freeing him up for a more offensive role. Same for key faceoffs, he can take some stress off Gomez and Pleks there also. Metro is not big enough or good enough defensively to play that role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
He's maybe a bust, but he was also the 4th D in a very good Ottawa team...

Ottawa 2010 2nd round + Picard is 2 times better than our 2011 2nd round...

Moore >>> Maxwell => our bottom 6 is better.

In one day Gauthier improved two areas that most posters in here consider as our main woes in 2009-10:

(1) A lack of puck moving D – bonus: he is right handed! PK Subban up... though it's probably just a precautionary (Markov and Gorges) measure.

(2) Poor contribution of our lines 3 and 4. Moore is a great FO man and he will be able to shoulder the workload on PK: we don't want to overuse Plekanec – almost 5 minutes of PK duties against WAS and one of the busiest (8th) forwards in the league in terms of PK TOI:

According to ckac.com, Martin is contemplating the following 3rd line:

Travis Moen - Dominic Moore - Maxim Lapierre

Imo it could be a very solid and reliable 3rd line.

Matt Cullen is worth Alexandre Picard and a second-round draft pick in 2010 so I am not sure if a second round pick in 2011 is too steep for Moore.

One thing is sure: Moore >>> Maxwell and we are, right now, in the midst of a tight playoffs race.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote