View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik20
True. Detroit in his case. Dallas in your case.
Ok, let's see..

I nominated Pierre Turgeon among the top in deflecting shots. Anyone that actually knows Turgeon's game realises he's among the best, if not the best in this specific area ever since he made the NHL. His hand-eye coordination, his reaction and accuracy is top notch. Definitely a legit and bonafide selection..

Then I nominated Marty Turco as one of the league's best stickhandlers. He's argueably league's best netminder in this regard, only Brodeur could follow him. Fail to see how in seems unrealistic to put him among the top 3 in stickhandling when he's the best at his position.

Then we have Rob DiMaio, he isn't the Stars fan favorite for nothing. The dude is a pitbull. However, there are lots of energetic and useful "pests".. I guess the selection of DiMaio was so close it came down to preferance.

Finally, Mike Modano in both the backhand and skating departments. If Mike Modano isn't a legit option when we are talking about league's finest and fastest players, then I'll eat my own shoes. His backhand is his most dangerous weapon, I can't help it he's so darn good at it either.. .

Nieuwendyk and Hatcher are no Stars anymore, neither is Dahlen. And again, all 3 are legit picks for the intangibles mentioned.