View Single Post
Old
01-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
as noted, there are no rules as of now governing what will happen concerning Carter and Richards if a CBA is worked out, and Clarkie said he'd sign Carter and get him playing on one of the top two lines if he could... who knows if that will happen, but to say it will or won't is a bit early as of now.

i would imagine that in a short season they would probably not buy-out Leclair and Amonte, not sure it really worth it... unless they want to go get a guy like Demitra or something like that. Zhamnov is going to want to stab himself in the face for turning down that contract in july... just my thoughts on that.

it's gonna be a who knows season, with all the players who have been playing, and all the players who haven't suddenly being thrown into the same pot. a team that gets off to a hot start -- which we tend to do -- is going to be at a huge advantage in this short of a season, so that is a positive.

it'll be a mess... there are a ton of floating players and we have no idea what the financials will be, thus no idea really what the flyers will look like. but i like our chances of being very strong if we can a) keep our top two center healthy, and b) have our defense not attacked by the plague.