View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Le depisteur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Wow that means Spezza's probably a bust, they should trade him right now before he becomes another Daigle.

Dont forget two years ago Markov played in the AHL, so did Komisarek, but are you panicking with them?? Are you afraid about Ryder and Ward too????

Its completly irrationnal to actually believe they'll make an impact right away. I agree with ax+ etc. that it shows what kind of people post here sometimes. I wanted to see Higgins and Perezhogin, but from what I saw up to now, I won't be disapointed if they start in the AHL. They undenyable top line talent, and its really more important to developp a player to be good in a few years then risk destroying him by bringing him too raw. Hockey talent isnt different then other talents, some people are close to their peaks early(Lemieux, Kovalchuck, Selanne, Kariya) and some with higher peaks start lower(Naslund, Bertuzzi, Kovalev, Murray, Lecavalier) and take more time , but its the end result that matters.
Senators hadn't room for Spezza... and he made big numbers in AHL... Ryders is an beautiful exception... Markov too... Komisarek played 21 games in NHL last year... but why you think like this??? It's not a good start to Perezhogin and Higgins to play in the AHL this year and they aren't able to crack the lineup... but they are young, yes, but it is not as expected... Generally, they aren't the best players who played in the AHL... I don't want to be pessimistic, but nothing is sure with them...