View Single Post
Old
02-13-2010, 12:50 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Lisa....My first hockey game was the Nashville SouthStars when I was a baby, but obviously I don't remember it. The first I do remember was the Knights and that first game I was hooked. My parents are from Johnstown, PA (~90 miles east of Pittsburgh) so I grew up loving everything Pittsburgh and still do, Steelers, Penguins, Pirates, Pitt Panthers. I went to University of Pittsburgh and while there I took part, many many many times, in the now famous Student Rush program (my favorite story to tell is one game me and a sister from NYC/Ranger fan went to a Pens/Rangers game and got seats 7 rows from the ice for $20 and we went over by where the Rangers came out onto the ice and were just complete fools...omg there's Messier!, there's this guy, that guy, etc. and they looked at us like O..M..G..., it was frickin' awesome ). And everytime the Preds came I made sure I was there.

Anyway, my parents had season tickets for all the Knights, Knighthawks, IceFlyers teams here and when the Preds came we got tickets for them, too. Pretty much from October to June is spent watching/listening to hockey games. If I go back to Johnstown for Thanksgiving or Christmas I always try to go to a Chiefs game and make sure to wear Predators clothes whenever I can.

So about me...I guess I'm a typical girl (I like shopping, going to the beach in the summer, traveling anywhere really, growing flowers, country and southern classic rock music), I just have a high love of sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
First Preds game was the Halloween game in 98 against the Avs.
Mine, too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus
I love growing my garden during the spring (I actually got lost in my own corn last year and screamed for Shoeless Joe Jackson to save me),
Picturing someone in a cornfield lost is hilarious.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote