Old
02-13-2010, 11:04 PM
prairie hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
You know who i might pissed of at?

# 79

We have to very important 4 points game against Philly, not do our die but still very important, and the guy is injured... but miraculasly, he'll be fine playing for Russia next tuesday (i guess)

these 2 games were important, even at 75%, he should have played and not trying to get better so he'll be peachy for team Russia who are not spitting 5.750 millions for him this season...

if he doesn't play this tuesday but later in the tournament, i'm fine with it, but if he does play at the beginning of the tournament, i'd be pretty pissed of and if i was in the Habs brass, i wouldn't be to keen about it, an as other have mentionned, i would strongly look into what he could bring us on the market...
I commend you for this post.

Too many people here worship Markov like he is some sorrt of hockey God. Let's look at a bit of recent history:

2 years ago, after the Habs finish 1st overall, Markov sustains injuries into the playoffs, and his lacklustre play and missed games become the excuse as to why the Habs get owned in Round 2. Miraculously, Markov flies to the World Championships as soon as possible to play for Russia.

Last year he gets tooled by Grabovski and is out for the playoffs.

This season he missed 25 or so games to injury, and now is hurt again.

DO WE SEE A PATTERN HERE???

Deal his cap-friendly contract while he is still perceived as a top tier defensemen..... or we will be stuck with an enigmatic, injury prone player whom the Habs will likely overpay into the downturn of his career.

MARKOV NEEDS TO BE DEALT BY THE MARCH DEADLINE IF THE HABS WANT TO TRULY COMMIT TO WINNING.

And as far as talk of him being captain? Give me a break.

Gionta all the way (and if Cammalerri was healthy he'd be a strong candidate as well).

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote