View Single Post
Old
01-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
See Messenger there is understanding, and here another poster has clearer stated what this all means.

Oh, and the legitimate question how teams that are losing money with a 20 million dollar payrolls are going to carry a 35 million dollar payroll, well John Davidson answered that. The rich teams are going to send money to those teams to make up their shortfall.

Bottom line!!!!! Example only not based on research, I don't know the actual prices but know this gap exists.

Fans in Toronto are going to pay an average ticket price of $75.
Fans in Nashville are going to pay an average ticket price of $35.

Because the fans in Toronto are willing to pay so much more, along with suite sales, the Leafs are going to take Leaf fans money and send it to their competitors to pay for the players that are going to knock the Leafs out of the playoffs!

Go owners go.

I guess we are making progress then .. 1 leaf poster at a time ..

Rome wasn't built in a day or torn apart and dispersed as in this case..

Only yesterday in fact Richardn posted this as his leafs roster

Possible Leafs Lineup with UFA's

O'Neill - Sundin - Palffy
Tucker - Lindros - Nolan
Kilger - Antropov - Poni
Wilm - Stajan - Domi

McCabe - Pronger or Foote
Kaberle - Klee
Colaiacovo - Berg

Belfour - Aubin - Tellqvist
So I must give him full credit for his well thoughtout new lineup today ..

and in as you stated above .. I see no faults in Bettman's plan at all .. can't wait for that day as you say when McCabe and his Columbus teammates knock off the Leafs and out of the playoffs on a McCabe goal against despite paying his salary to do it ..

If Bettman ever gets his plan through, I think for his own saftey he should see if he can sub-let a Cave from Bin Laden in Afganistan..

Last edited by Mess: 01-22-2005 at 12:39 PM.