Thread: Speculation: Dubinsky on the block (Garrioch)
View Single Post
Old
02-14-2010, 06:05 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
I would certainly consider moving Dubi for Weiss. Horton I'm more skeptical about but it would obviously have to be considered.

I would be more inclined to move Dubi for Weiss. Weiss has 3 more years at a friendly 3.1 cap hit. He is a bonafide 2nd line playmaking C, with 1st line potential still. He would be real good with Gaby.

Weiss and Dubi are completely different players, and Weiss is the kind of player we sorely lack throughout our system.

Horton on the other hand is a soft power forward with poor work habits who has been injured 4 of his 6 years in the league, 3 seriously. He has great potential still but I think he would be a frustrating player here. He also has 3 years left but with a not as friendly 4.0 cap hit.

Dubi and Horton are similar players, both north south power forward type players. Horton is 1yr older, and has 2 more yrs of pro hockey experience. Both are natural C's, though Horton is now a full time RW. Dubi still plays both regularly. Horton is the more gifted offensive player, but I feel Dubi's offensive production will not be drastically below Horton's.
Horton has superior size but he does not use it. He does not finish checks or stick up for teammates and is incredibly soft for a 6'2" 230lb Ontario boy. Nobody would call Dubi soft.
Dubi is the better defensive player who can be trusted in all situations.
I think Horton would be a very frustrating player here, he always leaves you thinking you should be getting more, as does Dubi. But Hoton is further along in his development.

I think Horton is much more of a lateral move than Weiss. Of course it is sounding like Horton is more available than Weiss, not a surprise.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote