Thread: Larry Brooks: Torts is out of control
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2010, 12:16 PM
rangerfan2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
To be completely honest I don't think Brooks really "tells it like it is (he sees it)" as much as he "tells it in the best way to sell the most papers (or please his editors the most"

I don't think Brooks has any altruistic motives in his writings
You are right. But the problem is he both covers the team for the Post, and he is also a columnist. Those two jobs are very different and if you do one right (tell it like it is as a columnist by throwing in your opinion), you are going to make your life as the beat reporter very difficult.

I hate to seem like I am defending LB. I am not a fan of his and I think the Post shortchanges the Rangers on coverage (all local papers do actually). But I do not like the way the Rangers and the Garden treat those in the local media that do anything other than act as homers. I mean, Marv Albert got fired for keeping it real.

LB has ripped Torts, who I think has done a horrible job as coach, and while some of LB's ripping might be off target, wrong, or even motivated by some kind of personal agenda, he isn't entirely wrong. The fact that the there is ripping of the messenger and not the message is what I find most frustrating.

rangerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote