View Single Post
Old
01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland
He's already an effective NHL regular, DM. Also, Andy Murray referred to him on several occasions last year as the team's MVP.

The Kings were a playoff team last year even without Palffy until Moreau (if memory serves me correctly) boarded him in Edmonton. HNC viewers will remember that game for the last minute Kings' comeback win. He suffered nerve damage and missed a great deal of the playoff push, which was ultimately fruitless.

In my experience, the best comparison of Visnovsky to another recent NHL player would be Eric Weinrich. He's a two-way player with above average offensive skills, but unheralded and very consistent. He's not a top-two d-man league wide, but the Kings wouldn't move him unless they received a d-man who could take his role on this team, which is in the top-two slots.
Weinrich, at this prime, was a far better all around player than Visnovsky will ever be. Vinosvsky reminds me a lot more of JJ Daigneaut.

I agree that he had a decent year. But, that still doesn't mean he has high trade value. Again, not saying he has NO trade value. However, he is not going to be a principal in a deal to land a guy like Havlat.