View Single Post
Old
02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Semin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
That goes in the not very coached category I referenced earlier. Pond hockey type players playing in beer league who do not know the basics. It is unfortunate really because the games could be so much better without ugly plays like that you just described.

Sometimes I cannot even play with guys who use the points ... they ALWAYS shoot on goal from a bad angle down low along the boards for no reason because nobody is open and never looked back at us at the point playing D.

It gets frustrating doesn't it? basic hockey plays are just not done sometimes even by guys who can dangle, they are so used to pond hockey they just hang onto it until they lose the puck because they didn't get a shot on goal like they would on the pond.
See I love passing to the D and charge my way to the net and screen the goalie and maybe tip the puck in. But sometimes the D thinks there Nick Lidstrom and can get the puck through a bunch of bodies, and they get there shot blocked and next thing you know its an odd man rush. I wish sometimes my team would just throw the puck to the corner if they have no options.