View Single Post
Old
02-16-2010, 10:06 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Yeah but it will sting even more when he gets a multi-year deal next season with another team and we were never compensated.

You'd had to lose a guy like Vinny. Clearly one of the best UFA signings this team has ever made. However, the guy is cheap, super productive and has an expiring contract.

He's gold come trade deadline. You could easily get a 2nd for him, maybe first is you sweeten the deal.

Besides, didnt the team do well with Vinny out? It's not like he's carrying the team. I still think they can trade Vinny and make the playoffs.

If they trade Rosie or Girardi, then that IMO will be waiving the white flag. No way we make the playoffs with a degraded defense.

If jagr and henrik and a D led by Rosie was enough to get us in the playoffs before, the Gabby and Henrik and Rosie should be enough this season to get in the playoffs.

We can be sellers and still make the playoffs.
Problem is that kind of negates the point of selling in a way. Most teams sell and then go for a high draft pick in order to assist with the rebuild.

I agree though, the East kind of sucks this season and we could possibly squeeze in even if we sell, but it's going to be very difficult because many teams have picked it up lately. Basically I predict only the 8th spot will be up for grabs, and we'll be battling 4-6 teams for that spot with a depleted roster

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote