View Single Post
Old
02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I have to admit, I was perfectly happy during the Jagr years. I was just happy to see playoff hockey again after years and years of terrible play. But I've become restless in the last 2 seasons. This is quite clearly an organization operating under no semblance of a longterm plan. The plan every season is to make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, and to be buyers at the deadline in order to do so...then have FrankenSather rework half the roster in the offseason. Its just not going to work that way.

Not one person has given an intelligent answer on why we should hold on to Vinny Prospal besides "the guys got heart!" and "how will we make the playoffs without him?!" Who the hell cares? Its terrible, terrible asset management to hang on to the guy considering his age, his current contract, and the state of this team.

As long as the young core remains, which in my opinion at this point is Lundqvist, Gaborik, Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Del Zotto, then sell, sell, sell everything else for a better future...for a time when this team actually isnt cap****ed (god willing).
im holding out hope that they are going to stick to what they started last offseason

im sure im wrong, but lets see what happens

it would start by NOT trading away pics or prospects

and if we can get a 1st for Jokinen or Prospal then they should absolutley be traded...without a doubt

im also amungst a very small minority that feels they could still make the playoffs even without vinny or jokinen or girardi or all of them

Vinny's awesome, but dont kid yourselves, this team will live and die by Gaborik and Henrik alone

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote