View Single Post
Old
02-16-2010, 05:22 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Unfortunately, this franchise is unwilling to make the sacrifices that are necessary for that to happen.
Neither is a large part of the fan base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
We have an elite crop of prospects we shouldn't be desperate for picks at this point.
We have a very good group of prospects with excellent numbers. What we lack is a generational player.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If readers here think that the majority of the fan base wants the Rangers to burn the furniture and not even try to compete so they can accumulate high draft choices, they are crazy. And if I just called you crazy, then I am sorry. I am not talking about what you think. Everybody on the board is entitled to their own opinion but if you think that the majority of Ranger fans favor a long term tank, you are incorrect. There are lots of wanna be GMs on this board who see things in the very long term. Like in the 4-5-6 years it would take to lose 50 games a season and hopefully get a couple of elite players from the draft. This forum represents a very small and very young slice of Ranger nation. Think what you want but don't think everyone agrees with you.

This is one case wheer the silent majority is in agreement with management, although many have not even thought about it,. Most Ranger fans want to be entertained and to come see a winning team. Losing 50 games a year is neither.

Last edited by bobbop: 02-16-2010 at 05:30 PM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote