View Single Post
Old
02-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
As a Dane I take offense to this statement - and Norwegians would do the same, I presume. In fact, Swedes are arguably the worst in Scandinavia in handball (:-)), and that is even the case for both men and women (Finland is not a Scandinavian country).
Well I know that strength in sports can ebb and flow with time, but if we're to talk about the history of handball, does Sweden not have by FAR the greater number of appearances and "golds" in international play? And does Norway not fall somewhere in between Sweden and Finland in that respect? Historically speaking, of course. If that is mistaken, I will gladly accept a link to accurate information, and will delete the one I have now.

Quote:
Norway is not 'very good in soccer' either, but they are indeed better than Canada and probably as good as the US. In other words, it makes little sense to say that Norwegians are not doing well in team sports.
I'm pretty sure I was making the statement that they ARE decent at team sports. Or did that little part have nothing to do with my post? In any event, Norway is definitely good enough at soccer to be ranked top 32 (of 202 teams with international points on the ranking scale) in consecutive years by FIFA, which is just behind Denmark, and well ahead of Sweden and Finland, which was my main point (since there's a lot of comparing of team sports within Scandinavia here). The USA is 14th, Canada is 50-something.

Quote:
Also, just for reference (and I know Norway qualified, we didn't, but still possibly of interest), Denmark currently has 19 rinks, I think.
22. All indoor.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote