View Single Post
Old
02-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Mikkel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
As a fan of Canadian Soccer (I know I am a sucker for punishment), Canada fails in international soccer for a variety of reasons that I won’t get into. With a few corrections I think Canada could be as good as Norway .

But the USA is clearly better than Norway, many of the top American players play a level higher than the players of Norway and their current form in all international competitions prove to me they are better than Norway. The USA would slot nicely against Denmark or Sweden I think
The funny thing in these comparisons is that a number of US and Canadian players actually ply their trade in Scandinavian football.

I have very little understanding of the NA soccer infrastructure, but based on the Canadian players in Denmark (almost all of them with national team experience), I'd put Norway comfortably ahead at this point. Not terribly impresed by the US top players, who, goalkeepers aside, do not really play at a higher level than the Norwegians either. That said, I actually follow and root for the US team, mostly due to Benny Feilhaber who plays for 'my' club. So hopefully they do well this summer!

Mikkel is offline   Reply With Quote