View Single Post
Old
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Canuck09

vCash: 500
Hopefully it's OK if I steal my thread back with some Olympic updates .

First of all, there is slight update to my Olympic representitives after my recent trade. Dustin Brown is no longer representing the Oilers, he's been replaced by fellow Team USA player Ryan Suter...who has been named Assistant Captain.

Team USA 3-1 win vs Swiss (I was lucky enough to attend this game. It had a completely different atmosphere than a Canucks game, very fun, even though I had no real rooting interest aside from my HFNHL players)
Paul Stastny - Played on the top line with Parise and Kane, 2nd in ice time among forwards with 16:29 but pretty quiet out there I thought. The line generated some pressure and a few chances but didn't put up any points.
Ryan Suter - Played on the top pairing with Rafalski mostly though saw ice time with several other D partners, 2nd in ice time among defensemen with 19:03. Played a very strong game and created some chances on the PP with his shot from the point, picked up an assist when Ryan Malone jammed in a rebound in the 2nd period.
Ryan Malone - Used his size and strength fairly well I thought. Showed off more chest than any other player on the ice as well thanks to the lack of an undershirt and low cut neck line on the USA jerseys. Scored an ugly PP goal in front of the net off a Ryan Suter point shot.

Team Russia 8-2 win vs Latvia
Evgeni Nabokov - I didn't get to watch any of this game as I was on my way home from a 10 hour day walking around Vancouver, got home and passed out. 18 saves on 20 shots, picked up the win, good enough for me.

Team Norway 0-8 loss vs Canada
OK Tollefsen - Apparently hasn't arrived in Vancouver yet due to a family issue. At least he was saved from the beating.

Last edited by Canuck09: 02-17-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote