View Single Post
02-17-2010, 01:21 PM
David Brent
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FreakyEuro View Post
I never wanted this to go that far. But honestly do you think your knowledge of the problematics is deep enough?

It's regretable how you believe that the wealth of your country is based on the correct "distribution of wealth". Europe is doomed in case should many people believe so.
The wealth of Scandinavia is based on old-days protestant morale, responsibility and work ethics of past generations of Scandinavians. Not on the proper "distribution of wealth". That's just the way to dilute the fruits of hard labor of former generations of your fathers and grandfathers who got you where you are right now.

I think we both know what this "distribution of wealth" is an euphemism for.
My knowledge may never reach the same level as your detailed knowledge of Scandinavian societies...

Let's look at Norway. We got lucky with enormous oilfields laying at our doorstep. What usually happens when wealth of this proportion suddenly floods society? Corruption, excessive spending and other unwanted negative consequences. Look at Russia and most other countrys that experienced similar things. A few get rich, most people never even notice the difference.

And your hint towards communism couldn't be more far off.
There's a difference between biting your fingernails and biting your arm off.

David Brent is offline   Reply With Quote