View Single Post
Old
01-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Bileur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
In this game if you saw tonights game Wellwood had 3 points to Spezza 3 goals .. and hit the post with seconds left or he would have finished with 2 and 2 on the night .. He has in fact out performed Spezza statiscally in all 4 games this season ..but that doesn't prove anything it just an observation ..

There was no real comparison to anything and I never mentioned NHL potential in tonights GDT .. You took it upon yourself to dig all that up and drew your own conclusions ..

You still have yet to grasp that I have yet to critsize any player .. and if I compare Welly to anyone its to give him, praise for his efforts and not critisim to the other player because of his .. How come that is so difficult to understand for HF posters .. I think Spezza is a great young player..

ALL I SAID WAS.....Welly is nearly tied with the AHL scoriing leader in goals and was before the game began..

Why did that need defending ???
You still have yet to grasp that I never said you critisized a player. I'm saying that when you said they were on the same level offensively you were wrong. I know you never said Spezza was not a great young player, but IMO comparing Welly to him is overrating Wellwood.

I was six rows off the ice behind and slightly to the right of the home net. I saw what Wellwood was doing.

Welly has comparable stickhandling, I think his shot is underrated, he's got a bit of Spezza's overhandling habit. IMO their vision is not the same. The diffrence between him and Spezza or Ribeiro is that he's more of a goal scorer. His shot does not have to be very hard just deceptive, quick and accurate.