View Single Post
Old
01-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Christ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.Utd
Well then why all the excitement over Matt Stajan? He's played horrible in the AHL by the standards of a supposed "NHL" quality player. Meanwhile, Spezza has trived. He leads the league in assists and points despite a slow start and is the most keyed guy in the league. He was keyed on in all of Junior aswell being the CHL's primere player and still posted amazing numbers. He knows how to play with a bulls-eye on his back. Assuming he keeps working at the weaker aspects of his game (which he's been doing, playing on the PK in Binghamton and working on his sakting as evident on his second goal last night) he'll be fine. And talk about a double-standard regarding the two player's in the NHL:
Correct me if I am wrong but Spezza has got two successful years of NHL experience behind him and he spent much of the 2002-03 season in the AHL. Stajan has one season in the NHL behind him. He has no AHL experience and he has had trouble adjusting. Furthermore Stajan is simply not in the same offensive catagory as Spezza.

Matt Stajan is a good two-way player in the NHL whose NHL career potential at absolute best is a second line center. Spezza is a gifted offensive player whose career potential in the NHL is a first line center and a perrenial all-star. In the NHL I would not be surprised to see Spezza top 90 points a season in his prime, Stajan on the other hand will probably be closer to 50. What makes you think that Stajan's AHL production should be compared to Spezza's?

By the way it would be a good idea to look over your spelling before posting...