Thread: Proposal: Jeff Carter to Calgary
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I didnt say we need to change Carter to a permanent winger...I just think it would be an interesting idea to try him out there. This team has a history in getting into offensive slumps, Carter at LW wing gives the offense a new look if they ever need to change something up to get the offense rolling again, and also forces other teams to change their game plan. A little flexibility with the line up doesnt hurt.
...yes, by making us easier to defend.

Quote:
I disagree...I think Giroux is much more affective at center. He plays a foppa style game...he likes to hang on to the puck and make things happen (if you watch him hes always directing traffic out there)...and he has the talent to do it. Being at center give him more freedom. I am not sure why people think hes a defensive liability, he always gets back and plays both ends of the ice.
Because when you're 180 lbs, you're a defensive liability against a guy that weighs 200+ lbs. Giroux can be the most conscientious defensive player in the league...he's at a significant disadvantage in weight and reach against most guys that play C in the league at this point.

Quote:
What frustrates me the most about this team is that they have the talent to be a top offensive team in the league, it just hasnt been there this year. If they can get guys like Briere and Gagne scoring, theres no need for outside help. I like what lavys done I just wish there was a little more creativity with the lines when the team isnt scoring. I still want see a Gagne-Giroux-Briere line....
...they're 7th in the league in scoring, and have spent the majority of the year above that position, and have a top 5 PP in the league.

They are one of the top offensive teams in the league.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote