View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Waldo

vCash: 500
Coyotes vs Canucks

Canucks seem to be impressed by their prospects. Marc Crawford, their coach says "It's not only the strongest group of depth players that we've had, ever. It's probably the best group of first-year players to come in, too." http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030921/nhl_van2-sun.html

They are getting much press, especially by the Canadian media and seem to be a favourite to advance far this year. So far we have to say the Coyotes are getting mixed results. No prospects are making a big impression so far, which surprises me somewhat. I was at least expecting Sjostrom and Taffe to stand out more. Hoping for some big games by some of the rookies tonite against the Canucks. I would expect that it's the last chance for most of them to make mngmnt take notice. After this game, it'll be only 3 preseason games left and I would expect them to start preparing the veterans for the season. They will probably cut down to about 25 or 26 players after tonite. As it's only been exhibition so far, it's been very hard to get a good read on this team. It looks like they are playing Bierk and Boucher on the same nights to get a good comparison. This will be the fast high tempo type game the Coyotes say they want to play. It will really expose any weaknesses in defense and in goal. I wish we could listen to the game.