View Single Post
Old
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

vCash: 500
Our game last week didn't go quite as planned.

Our team was thrown together LAST minute before the session started as one team (it was a family team) was leaving for a three or so weeks for vacation (Europe). Since they just couldn't skip out on four games, we got to play for half price. Hard to say no to.

No one knew each other on our team and we're not that good to start with. This is a no checking league, like most are. We we're 0-5-0 going into the game and its hard to keep your head up at that time. But we lost the last game in the last seconds (Hit cross bar) so we came close. We had some confidence, but it was sliding early.

We took an early 1-0 lead in the first and held it throughout the entire first. I took a penalty on a high stick, four minutes. I did catch him him the CAGE! but its still a four minute penalty, in the last minute.

Never got an explanation on the call.

Whats worse than that is one of our teammates gets CREAMED into the boards with the puck on the other side of the rink. He couldn't keep playing and they called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. It broke his collar bone.

No call.

Going into the third, down 2-1 we feel we have a good shot. We tie it, beautiful snipe by my center. They waive it off. The explanation, the puck was tipped with a high stick. Tell me how this happens when the puck was snipped five hole.

A minute later, our goalie gets called for checking after he gets run over behind the net. We eventually lose the game 4-1. Our goalie was pretty shaken up after the hit.

Come to find out that the guy who had his collar bone broken (Mike) was friends with the ref up until two years before Mike totaled the refs car driving the ref home because he was drunk.

Now tell me how that is a fairly reffed game?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote