View Single Post
Old
02-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel View Post
Playing on Sids RW probably so a first liner.
Predictable response. That's your opinion. I don't see it that way, though. Kesler is a top 6 forward, but I think he'd be the shutdown center on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh just like Staal is now. Kesler's defense makes him much more valuable at center, imo. Same as Staal in that regard. Yes, Kesler could play wing, but I think he impacts the game more at center.

Anyway, In every Jordan Staal thread there's some clueless idiot that almost never watches him play that claims he's just a 3rd liner. Jordan Staal is a top 6 caliber forward. The people that don't watch him play and just go by the depth chart are clueless. Staal gets around 20+ goals and 50 points and that's easily top 6 forward material. He plays the 3rd line because he impacts the game more at center. Pens need Crosby at center for faceoffs etc. Malkin looks lost when he plays the wing so he has to play center. Pens need Staal at center for his defense. Staal at center also gives the Pens 3 good lines, not just 2. None of these things have anything to do with him not being a top 6 forward. He's a top 6 forward, but the team is better/deeper with him on the 3rd line. I think Kesler would play the same role if he played in Pittsburgh, but that's just my opinion.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote