View Single Post
Old
02-19-2010, 01:08 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Anyone know any all-star lines with proven chemistry that weren't invited to the team? Anyone? Like a line that played together for years and won a stanley cup? Top 25 forwards in NHL? League MVPs? Damn can't think of one, too bad, cuz the team sure could use that kind of chemistry.
As much as I like those players individually (and I would have liked to have seen St. Louis make this team), I still don't think you bring that whole line to Vancouver. Richards isn't as effective a playmaker as either Crosby, Thornton, or Getzlaf, and wouldn't fit in well as a 4th line center (I'd rather have Toews and Richards). Lecavalier, while superbly talented, hasn't played with much passion in recent years. Maybe its a result of playing in TB, I don't know. Plus, their Stanley Cups and individual awards came in 2004 - 6 years ago. Since then, in 2006, they had the opportunity to take over Team Canada for this generation, and failed. So if anyone from the Lightning (I guess including Richards) deserved a shot, it would be MSL and Stamkos.