View Single Post
Old
02-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I think Moyer is much further from being healthy than the Phillies are letting on. I've got Kendrick pretty much penciled in for the #5 spot on opening day.

I was looking at our lineup the other day: Rollins, Polanco, Utley, Howard, Werth, Ibanez, Victorino, Chooch and noticed that the top 7 have all been all stars. With Halladay coming in and Hamels bouncing back (I feel like he's going to have a very nice year), I am very excited for opening day.
We'll have some time to let the no. 5 play out before they'll need to make an executive decision on that front for the year...so it will be interesting.

Assuming Hamels can get back to 2008 Hamels, as opposed to 2009 Hamels...we have two potential 20 game winners. Blanton and Happ are both capable of 10-15 wins. So, the top 4 in this rotation (with this offense) should be able to get us to 60-70 wins. If the no. 5 spot can provide 10 wins, that gets you to 70-80...and then it's a matter of how many wins your BP can get you.

Last year the BP provided 22 wins.
Year before the BP provided 32 wins.

So, what does that mean, on paper this pitching group has a legitimate shot at 100 wins. Relief pitching is, of course, rather unreliable. But 20+ wins should be doable for that group without too much problem if they have a "decent" year.