View Single Post
Old
02-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i like Souray a lot, unlike most ppl here.

my only problem here is that Rozsival has been our best defenseman, and Souray won't be ready till like the final week in March, so youre talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 games he will miss...give or take like 2 game. 8-12 games of a defense of Staal, Redden, Girardi, MDZ, Gilroy and Potter (or Heikkinen) isn't nearly as good as one with Rozsival in it...and the whole purpose of this trade is to make us ready for the playoffs...but we would likely be out of the playoffs if we do that trade since those 8-12 games are absolutely brutal opponents wise.

If souray was healthy I would do the deal.

Then again, I don't see why Edmonton would do the deal just to save a few hundred K...i was under the impression that they wanted to rebuild....exchanging 1 bad contract for another doesnt really help them all that much.
good pts. No way the Rangers take on Souray's contract without moving Rozy though and we all know Redden is not going anywhere unless the teams exchange Horcoff for Redden which may be good for both players. Thing is I think Horcoff has another yr at 5.5.

I really am hoping Sather can come up with a Rozy , Lisin for a UFA Dman and Winger

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote