View Single Post
Old
01-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Leaf Army

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Excellent job

I nominate you as our next HF Hockey writer ..

Now welcome aboard and lets fix those prospect rankings and get you into those team and player ranking projects for us to provide some knowledgeable representation to offset the support we get from Mizral.

I would have like to see mention on Carlo being injury prone or injured a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
Great job Leaf Army..
Thanks a lot guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
what's up with newbury? no offense at all in the ahl, but 100 point man in the ohl.
Yeah I thought about that.

Guys who score that well in junior usually end up being pretty decent scorers in the AHL over time. And he's done pretty well in his limited time in the ECHL as well. So that one could come back and bite me I guess.

However, based on what I've seen of him in the AHL, I just feel like he'll have trouble ever putting up a lot points. That's just a hunch on my part, but time will tell I guess.

Quote:
i won't take too much issue with anything since you put some effort into this. but barrett an energetic spark plug? never saw him be that type of player, ever.
Difference of opinion here I guess.

I do think he's capable of being an energetic type player and he's shown it sporadically. But I do agree he doesn't play that way very often. That's why I specified "when he's in the mood."

Quote:
and where did you get some of those sizes? carlo 205? wozzy 230? no chance.
Carlo's listed weight hasn't changed since he entered in the AHL. But you can tell just by looking at him that he's got bigger. I've heard more than once on radio and TV that he's over 200 pounds now and I believe it. Take it for what it's worth.

According to the AHL site, Wozniewski is 195 pounds. Now usually players have their sizes overstated, but I believe this is one occasion where they've understated his size. I look at that guy and there's no way I believe he's only 195 pounds. Not a chance. His school had him listed at 235 pounds last year, so I went more along those lines.