Thread: Jonas Sass?
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Vandalay Industries

vCash: 500
There was no way in hell Jonas Sass was making the under 20 team for this seasons World Championship.

He wasn't even close to being a prospect for that.

It's quite rare that J17 players make the J20 team. Lars Eller didn't even cut it in 2005/06, but usually there would be one J17 player on the J20 WC squad each year. Philip Larsen and Mikkel B°dker was on the team in 2006, so it's not impossible to see two J17's on the team, but it's very, very rare.

And Sass has at least 4 players ahead of him amongst the Danish players born in 1993: Nicklas Jensen, Patrick Russell, Thomas Spelling, Nikolai Meyer.

Sass is probably competing for the "fifth spot" on a 1993-list with the likes of Martin H°jbjerg, Sebastian Ehlers, Christian Elsborg and maybe Nicki Kisum.

To top it all off, Sass hasn't even been on the J18 team so far, so how he should jump directly to J20, I will never know.

I'd probably pick him for the J18 squad this spring, if I was the national team manager, but he is not a sho-in given that he still hasn't been on the team for any of the preparation matches.

All this to say again: No way Sass was even remotely close to being picked for the J20 squad for this season. Perhaps next year, although he would have to elevate his game quite a lot.

Last edited by Vandalay Industries: 02-21-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote