View Single Post
Old
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
With all your talks about Beach not being that great of guy and not that sure of a thing... I tried to think of the last great WHL prospect to have success in the NHL...

And at first, I couldn't come with one... WHL has been a "crappy" league. Sorry if I hurt some fans of this junior league. But in terms of scoring forwards, they have been crappy... Brendl anyone ?

And then I thought about another player... One who didn't dominate the WHL like YOU would expect... And certainly a player you'll say I'm not allowed to mention in the same sentence...

This guy is Ryan Getzlaf... I won't bring you the stats, you seem to be able to do that quite effectively !

To me... Beach has the SHOT, the AGITATOR FACTOR, the SIZE and the SPEED to be quite an effective NHL player... And a great Panthers player !!

Whether he'll be a 20 goal grinding third liner, a 30 goal high energy second liner or a 40 goal monster first liner, that's up to the kid and we should let him do the showing...

To me... Leading his league in goal-scoring due to great stretch where he is more focused than ever as a 19 years old with some kind of a tumultuous junior career behind him... To me, that's a great building block going forward, and proving everybody he is a player !
You're right, you're incredibly optimistic. Getzlaf??? Come on, man. Beach has nowhere near the talent Getzlaf had in junior. He was always supremely skilled, he was just thought of as lazy, that's why he didn't go top 10 in 2003. You seem to be reaching for these incredibly high heights, you need to lower your expectations a bit. Beach would sell his soul to the devil to become anywhere near as good as Getzlaf.