Thread: Veterans
View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Wild Thing

vCash: 500
I understand what you guys are saying - and I respect it - but at some point in the team's development, the Wild are no longer going to be able to rotate only 1 or 2 guys out each year. There are just too many guys in their early 30s, and too many guys right around 20, and no solid prospects in between. The 30-somethings are going to reach a point where we have to shed 3 or 4 a year, if not 4 or 5, and the 20-somethings are going to reach a point in their development where they're going to have to take the next step, warts or no warts.

I'm not necessarily saying the team is at that point yet, but with each passing year, we're a year closer to it - and who knows? This may be the year. At some point, the kids are going to have to learn how to do the stuff that Dowd and Darby do - and the only way they're going to be able to learn it is by having to do it. That's how Darby and Dowd learned it, you know. If Lemaire and Risebrough decide that this is the year - that it's time for Wallin, Wanvig, Veilleux, Roche, and who knows who else to either sink or swim - then I trust them to make that decision.

We'll know in a week and a half!