View Single Post
Old
02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Dice on Ice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPIsles21 View Post
Yes, but I believe there was an age difference. Okposo went to college immediately after he was drafted, at age 18. Lee is a year older, and still in the USHL. The better comparison would be Jason Gregoire. He led the league in scoring as a 19 year old. Lee has a long ways to go, but very promising start. I'd rather the Isles just sign him and put him in the AHL next year. He'll be 20 to start next season, I believe.
Maybe so, but Gregoire, Okposo, and Lee are all completely different players as far as style. What's similar about them all, though, is that they can affect the game when they don't score. So Kyle being Playoff MVP and Gregoire being Offensive MVP and Lee with the lead in scoring and +/- are all bonuses in addition to what they do to contribute to the team's effort. Lee is a center while Gregoire and Okposo are wingers, but all of them are the grit-and-hustle type who like to get physical and are willing to take out the trash to help the team win. All three are very defensively responsible. It just so happens that they all have pretty good hands as well. The differences lie in approach, which is hard to explain if you haven't seen all three of them play.