View Single Post
Old
09-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Part of this is due to RedLine. Quite a lot of people have faith in that garbage (at last what they can see on USAToday for free).

They successfully made fools of themselves again this year, ranking Staal 7th overall prospect.

Meanwhile, the "we just got th best player of the draft in Kastytsin" mantra of a few weeks ago was also directly from RedLine.

It does explain at least in part the sometimes weird opinions thrown around.
Ahha! That makes sense. I've never read RedLine, so you'll have to forgive me there. I was wondering why Kastitsyn was getting so much hype. Given his lack of exposure, I was surprised many people had seen anything of him to hype him at all.

Regarding Staal, I don't think he would benefit much from going back to junior. But on the other hand, if he were to stick with the 'Canes, where would he play? One of Carolina's strengths is depth down the middle. I see Francis, Brind'Amour and Vasicek all fitting in better at center than on the wing. I'm not sure what effect playing Staal on the wing would have on his career, as he seems to be a good fit down the middle as well.