Thread: Prospect Info: 2009 Top 25 Prospects - Redux
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2010, 11:07 PM
pattyb91

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Move up:
Travis Hamonic (D)- IMO our best prospect including de Haan, he should be moving up to the top 2. I love this kid, I loved when we drafted him and now his talent is starting to show. In the WJC he showed us all the all around ability that he has and I really believe he will turn into a Shea Weber type.
Matt Donovan (D)- He has really improved and I think he has moved up a good amount of spots, possibly top 10.
Andrew MacDonald (D)- Can he still be considered a prospect? If he can then he moves up ALOT, he has proved that he has NHL abilities and possibly a legit NHL calibur top 4 defenseman and at worst an average top 6 defenseman.
Blake Kessel (D)- having a great year at the University of New Hampshire and has definitly moved up a decent amount.
Matt Martin (F)- He brings everything to the table and I just love this kids game so much that IMO he should be in the top 10
Jack Hillen (D)- Has had a breakout year before his injury. Has great skating and offensive abilities while still having the smarts and positioning in the defensive zone to be effective despite his lack of size.

Moving down:
Aaron Ness (D)- Having a tough year and his development is looking bad. I hope it turns around but right now he is out of the top 10 IMO. With his lack of size, he REALLY needs to work on his defensive zone play.
Mikko Koskinen (G)- not much but he does have to move down due to his injuries.
Corey Trivino (F)- Also struggled this year and his season ending injury all combine to move him down a good amount.
Robin Figren (F)- TERRIBLE year, moves down out of the top 20 IMO. He has been terrible in the AHL and honestly I dont see this kid doing much in his career.
Trevor Smith (F)- I dont even know if we can consider him a prospect. I put him in the same catogory as Bentivoglio. I think the fact he hasnt seen any NHL time this year is very telling.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote