View Single Post
Old
02-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Superstar Treatment

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I was interested in this part of your comment, I would like a skate with the pump solely for the slight irritation of having to retighten my skate once I get the boot warm from playing. Every game is the same thing, take a couple of shifts and then my skates feel the need to be tightened ONLY on the ankle after i get warmed up.

I think this pump thing would serve me well and since you are a big guy like I am can read that you say the pump holds up well even after overdoing it.

I've heard good things in here about the RBK line and may try them if I see a good deal on some. I have two pair of bauer skates now and am the type who likes to have extra gear.
The pumps are there more for heel lock than anything, not to make the skate feel tighter. I will admit I have been able to wear my upper eyelets a little loser but that's 'cause I was relying solely on lace tightening to lock my heel in my one 95s.

Get a good set of waxed laces, combine that with the pump, and you should feel comfy for a decent period of time.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote