View Single Post
Old
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
i was going to post this article. One line really stood out to me.

"A first-rounder going into New York is obviously a lot of pressure," he said. "I was young, but also, our team was old. We had a lot of veteran, all-star players who needed to play minutes. Really, I don't think I learned a lot in the first couple years of my career, and I think that kind of set me back."

Is it just me or does he just sound really immature? He has been given so many opportunities to succeed in a variety of playing styles and teammates and has never been anything more than just average.

Instead he blames his minutes early in his career on his failure in New York? I understand he was bouncing around, but this is quite common in the NHL. Players are recalled for a day and don't play and then go back to the AHL, its part of growing experience. He was a bust, that simple. He is 29 and has played only 280 games. Marc Staal is 23 and has played in 224. That alone should say something about how coaches view him.
I remember how frustrating it was that the Rangers took so long to give him a shot. He may have had a lot of chances, but I can't really disagree with his quotes about his time here.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote