View Single Post
Old
02-26-2010, 12:50 AM
almostawake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I'm not sure how good Heatley and Thornton will be 4 years from now same with Luongo. I didn't realize I chose so many centers but the most talented players play that position. I doubt you could name a winger that is almost a lock for a roster spot, centers are the deepest and most talented. As for Keith I feel it is a one time thing for him. About Cody Hodgson people would have laughed at Bergeron 4 years ago but where is he now, on the olympic squad likely on the first line riding shotgun with Crosby. They are similar types of players and I think Cody coukd be slightly better than Bergeron.
uh, 4 years ago Bergeron was in the middle of a 31 goal 73 point season.

To put it in perspective a bit, Jonathan Toews and Drew Doughty are the only guys on team Canada that weren't playing in the NHL before the 2006 Olympics. Toews, J Staal, Lucic, Doughty and M Staal are the only players invited to the orientation camp that weren't playing in the NHL before the 2006 Olympics.

Not saying Hodgson has no chance, but there are a number of players outside of the NHL right now that I would say have a much better chance of making team Canada in 2014. Guys like Hall and Seguin, maybe 2011s like Nugent-Hopkins or Couturier.